China Food Trail – Part 3 of 3


China Food Trail – Part 3 of 3

Continuing …


7. Fresh water prawn, Wuxi

24 They just look so good, I do not think any explanation is needed


8. Hot pot Nanjing style, Wuxi

Now this one is a bit spicy, and different from Beijing style hot pot. Both are good, but I think I like the Beijing one better.




25 One bowl of tangy and one bowl of spicy hot pot. And lots and lots of meat


9. Black glutinous rice with mango, Wuxi

Not a native of China, but nowadays considered an essential part of a hongkongnese dessert menu, this one is on the top of my dessert menu, which is on the top of my overall food menu, which is in general on the top of everything else. So that’s pretty respectable.

26 black glutinous rice with mango. For a happy ending. Best had at Honeymoon Dessert place.


10. Pancakes on stone, Beijing

My final entry is these savory pancakes made on stone. I carried some with me back home, a memoir of the superb travel.



27 Pancakes on stone


Regards,
Shreekant
First written in December 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bundi - A Teardrop of Joy held in the palms of the Mountains

Kashmir

Ranthambore